SecDevOps Analyst May 2022 - Current
- Conducting trade-off analyses on business and technical requirements
- Understanding business requirements so that they may be accurately translated in system requirements
- Developing procedures, manuals and other documentation for information systems
Leadership Institute - Arlington, VA
Director of Technology Jan. 2022 - May 2022
- Operate as the primary Terraform & AWS Engineer.
- Facilitate, coordinated, & manage stakeholder priorities.
- Oversee IT vendor management.
- Empower and remove blockers to the success of DevOps and End User Support teams.
Tech Lead Oct. 2020 - Jan. 2022
- Lead migration and modernization efforts of legacy monolithic applications from on-prem data center into the cloud.
- Lead a team of 3 software engineers
- Managed an ITIL driven desktop support agent & service desk
- Extracted business requirements from users and transformed them to developer consumable epics & user stories
- Oversaw IT vendor management
- Maintained on-prem network updates, upgrades & maintenance
- Facilitated stakeholder conversations Coordinated & Managed Stakeholder meetings
Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer Dec. 2019 – Oct. 2020
- Participated in auditing of supported applications to identify products to transition to EOL
- Modernized applications from ColdFusion & SQL Server to NodeJS/NextJS/PostgreSQL
- Bridged knowledge gaps between end users & developers through intentional discussions and requirements gathering.
Web Developer May 2018 – Dec. 2019
- Built web applications to support business processes with ColdFusion
- Participated in ongoing maintenance and support of existing ColdFusion applications and infrastructure
- Occasional Tier 1 desktop support
Freedom Partners Shared Services - Arlington, VA
Systems Analyst May 2017 - May 2018
- Facilitated process mapping with process owners
- Recommended process improvements to process owners
- Participated in the Koch Associates Program(professional development program to improve business oriented problem solving processes)
End User Support Technician Jan. 2017 - May 2017
- Interact with and foster relationships with customers from 4 businesses
- Operate ITIL based service desk & all incoming tickets for 650 end users
- Accurately report on information in the ticketing system and Active Directory
- Ensure constant coverage of service desk phones
- Identify trends in requests & escalate to appropriate teams
HR Operations Intern Aug. 2016 – Jan. 2017
© Chris Fries.
- Build and run reports as requested from various teams in the organization
- Identify and resolve or escalate all HRIS users inquiries and conflicts
- Maintain sensitive and organize file structure, both physical and digital
- Identify and appropriately distribute emails from shared inbox
- Ensure legal compliance & accuracy in distributed documents